Book Of Ruth
J. Deering, AncientPath.net
1. Master Study
Text and Questions Only
(Answers are in the Master Study section)
THE VISUALIZED TEXT (NASB) (conjunctions & prepositions (and other important words) underlined, words not in original text in italics) (alternate text in purple)
said to her,
shall I not seek security for you,
that it may be well with you?
1. What does the word "Then" imply here?
2. How much time has passed between the end of chapter 3 and the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. Where had Ruth been living for this time?
4. Who is Naomi, and what is her relationship to Ruth?
5. Why does Naomi now switch from calling Ruth her daughter-in-law to her "daughter"?
6. What kind of security can indigent Naomi seek for Ruth?
is not Boaz
with whose maids you were?
he winnows barley
at the threshing floor
1. What does "And now" mean?
2. What's so important about this "And Now"?
3. Who is this Kinsman Redeemer?
4. Why use a word like "Behold" at the beginning of this next sentence?
5. Where will Boaz be tonight?
6. Why will Boaz be at the threshing floor tonight?
7. When will Boaz be there?
"Wash yourself therefore, and
anoint yourself and
put on your best clothes, and
go down to the threshing floor;
do not make yourself known to the man
until he has finished
Questions and Answers about Ruth 3:3
1. What does "Wash yourself, anoint yourself, and put on your best clothes" mean?
2. Why go down to the threshing floor (in the fields)?
3. Why does Naomi instruct Ruth to hide from him (and everyone else) until he has finished eating and drinking.?
4. Does the term "eating and drinking" indicate that this is an inappropriate act?
it shall be when he lies down,
you shall notice the place where he lies, and
you shall go and uncover his feet and lie down;
he will tell you what you shall do."
1. What does the word "And" signify?
2. What "shall be" when Boaz lies down?
3. What was Ruth instructed to do?
4. Why must Ruth take notice of where Boaz lies?
5. Why uncover Boaz's feet?
6. What is the importance of telling Ruth that Boaz would know what to do?
1. Master Study
The Book of Ruth, Bible Study, J. Deering, AncientPath.net, study materials are a ministry of AncientPath.net, and may be copied for use in Bible study groups, in limited numbers, providing that no charge is made for them. No further distribution or use of these materials is allowable under U.S. or International Copyright Law without the express permission of AncientPath.net. ©2008 AncientPath.net, All rights reserved.