Book Of Esther
J. Deering, AncientPath.net
The time: Approx. 465 B.C.
The Place: The events of this book cover a ten-year portion of the reign of Xerxes I (486-465). Ahasuerus is the Hebrew form of this name. The events occurred between those recorded in the sixth and seventh chapters of Ezra.
Theme: God's preservation of the Nation of Israel
There are seven themes and issues that run through the book of Esther:
1. God's Providential Care (Deliverance)
2. Apostate Israel and God's Special Love for Her
3. God's Calling and Grace (for such a moment as this
4. Satan's plan for the Ages for the Jew
5. God's Work in Israel Today
6. Nationalixm VS the Remnant
7. Zoroasterism (dualism) - Light VS Darkness (in Iranian Persia @ 600 B.C.