Understanding The Bible
BY THE AUTHOR
Dr. Clarence E. Mason, Jr.
Philadelphia College of Bible
Edited by Dr. Clarence E. Mason, Jr.
SECTION II THE AGES
These have been listed in various ways (cp. pp. 28-38).
In Philadelphia College of Bible we suggest the following:
|Gen. 3:7-8:14||Antediluvian||Moral Responsibility (Conscience)|
|Gen. 8:15-11:26||Postdiluvian||Human Rule (Government)|
|Gen 11:27-Ex. 18:27||Patriarchal||Promise|
|Ex. 19 - Acts1||Israelitish||Law|
|Acts 2 - Rev. 3||Church||Grace|
|Rev. 20:1-15; 21:9-22:5||Millennium or Kingdom||Divine Rule (Christ's reign)|
Under each AGE / DISPENSATION the following points will be noted:
|1. The key personage(s)
2. The extent of the period
3. The general Scripture portion
4. The characteristic or state of man during its course
5. The special responsibility instituted by God
6. The failure of man under the test
7. The resultant judgment
8. The gracious intervention of God
The Lessons of the
Ages will give successive proof:
1. That man is self-willed and unbelieving;
2. That, despite his boast of getting better and better, he is incorrigibly evil;
3. That he has failed under every conceivable test; and
4. That, apart from God's gracious provisions, he can never become righteous, never glorifying to God.
200 Manor Avenue
Langhorne, PA 19047
United States of America
|"Mason's Notes" Study materials on this website are made available here free, through the generosity of Cairn University, and may be copied for use in Bible study groups, in limited numbers, providing that no charge is made for them. No further distribution or use of these materials is allowable under U.S. or International Copyright Law without the express permission of Cairn University.|